List of Chief Cabinet Secretaries
The organizational structure of the Government Cabinet Secretariat
Government Resolution No. 56 of 10 March 2021 approved the structure of the Cabinet Secretariat as follows, setting the maximum number of staff at 152.
- Sectoral Management and Coordination Department
- Legal Department
- Local Government Management and Coordination Department
- Administration and Civil Service Human Resources Management Department (Archives, confidential information, and clerk’s division)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Internal Audit Department
- Finance and Economy Department
- State Protocol Department
- Media and Public Relations Department
- Information Technology Division
- Prime Minister’s Office
- Deputy Prime Minister’s Office
THE LEGAL STATUS OF THE CABINET SECRETARY
The Cabinet Secretariat is the office of the Government.
The Article 18.1 of the law on the Government states that “The Cabinet Secretariat is the office of the Government”, “The member of the Government shall lead the Cabinet Secretariat”, “The Chief Cabinet Secretary is accountable to the Prime Minister”. In addition, In the Article 33 of the law on the Government lists the activities that shall be conducted by the Cabinet Secretary such as formulate and execute the Government decision, synchronize the central and local governmental organizations, human resource management, provision of the common services.
The Cabinet Secretariat is the office to support leadership of the Prime Minister, the Chairman of the Cabinet. The resolution 38 dated 1996 of the Parliament of Mongolia states that “The Cabinet Secretariat is the office to support leadership of the Prime Minister”. The following activities will be carried out to support Prime Minister’s role to lead the nation, provide strategic management for the country.
The leadership role:
- Define the policy mainstream;
- Organize the policy implementation;
- Human resource management;
- Executive management.
Support the leadership the Prime Minister, the Chairman of the Cabinet:
- Provide professional management and coordination for the public administration organizations;
- Innovate; advocate reform;
- Support all public administration organizations with the sustainable, professional activities.
The Cabinet Secretariat is the office to support the leadership the Prime Minister, the Chairman of the Cabinet. The resolution 38 dated 1996 of the Parliament of Mongolia states that “the Government is the general management body”. It shall provide “strategic policy, policy guideline, program development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation” to support the line ministries with the national development planning, macro economics analysis, finance, human resource management, support of the executive management activities.
The Cabinet Secretariat is the office to support the general management of the Government. It obliges to be the management consultant, the guide to the reform policy.
It will concentrate on the conformity of the strategic management, planning, coordination legal compliance, policy, consolidation of budget in the Government level and provision of the proper management.
The customers of the Cabinet Secretariat are the Prime Minister, Minister of Mongolia, Chief Cabinet Secretary and members of the Government. The strategic management shall be based on the resources and coordinate the customer demand within the legal framework.
The service range, type and category shall be identified by each resource. It shall be reflected into the strategic functions of the organizational structure of the Secretariat and Terms of the Reference of the public administration officers.
This post is also available in: Mongolian